Sunday, July 26, 2009

How to Make a Serenity Pendent

I am not happy with how this came out, so it took me awhile to post it. I made a pendent from the Serenity's logo from the (oh so awesome) Firefly series.It was going to be a gift for the person who first introduced me the series, however I'm not happy with its quality. So I'll probably just use it as a paper weight.

It you don't know Firefly, it's a western in space! It's sooo cool!
If you would like to make one (that's hopefully prettier than mine),
here are the materials you will need:
Wax paper
polymer clay
shot glass or circle cookie cutter
paper clip
rolling pin
quarter
acrylic paints
red permanent marker
sand paper
gloss
necklace cord
First, you want to knead you clay into the colors that you want.

Then roll them flat and even with a rolling pin.

Now cut out the larger circle with the shot glass.
Mold the second piece around a quarter.
Take another quarter and make an impression into the larger piece
where you would like the other to be. Create a hole for the cord with a paperclip.
Bake it in the oven, according to package directions.

When I removed it from the oven I notice my outside circle was wonky,
so I sanded it down to create a better circle.
Paint the pendent.

Draw on the serenity symbol with your marker.
Add the gloss varnish. Finally, slip it on to the cord.
Your Done!

Have a great night. Talk to you soon.
Sponzar

1 comment:

  1. Very detailed and extremely wonderful advices on how to make a serenity pendent.Cheers and well done

    ReplyDelete